Please note: This is a sponsored post. As always I have provided my honest opinion.
At the beginning of the month, I shared with you ways to live on a budget gluten free (click here to read that post). Walmart is an easy one-stop shop for us living in a small town offering some of the same gluten free products for several dollars below some of our local compeititors. Udi’s Gluten Free is definitely one of our favorite brands available in the Walmart freezer section.
Bread goes quickly in our house of the boys. I like to find ways to make certain gluten free items go further. For example, french toast bakes are an easy way to get more out of a loaf of gluten free bread.
I am busy mom of 3 so this recipe is one of the many that looks more difficult than it is to make! I use Udi’s gluten free country seeded bread and many other items normally found in my kitchen.
Remember not to tear all of the bread slices so you have some whole slices for the “cinnamon rolls”. The cinnamon rolls can be a little easier when you use a rolling pin to flatten the bread, spread on butter, and then top with cinnamon/sugar mixture. Now roll it up and slice it into 3 “cinnamon rolls”.
- French toast bake:
- Udi's Gluten Free Country Seeded Bread (about 10 slices & reserve 6 slices not torn)
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- cinnamon/sugar (ratio 2 tsp to 2 TBSP)
- 1 tsp: vanilla extract
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 TBSP vanilla greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- to taste: cinnamon/sugar
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Combine eggs, milk and vanilla. Set aside.
- Pour some of the egg mixture in bottom of pan (8x8 pan or similar size baking dish)
- Place torn bread (reserving 6 for top) on top of egg mixture.
- Using 6 slices of bread, making "cinnamon rolls" by spread each piece of butter and sprinkle cinnamon/sugar. Roll. Then slice into 3 "cinnamon rolls". Continue with other 5 slices.
- Put "cinnamon rolls" on top of torn bread. Sprinkle it all with more cinnamon/sugar. Then pour egg mixture over it all.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until completely cooked.
- While baking, whisk icing ingredients for garnish when french toast bake is done. For more icing you can double it and garnish individually or for dipping
I hope you enjoy this gluten free cinnamon roll french toast bake! What are some of your favorite ways to stretch your grocery budget further?