People who go gluten free all have a story of how it all began. We have the struggles of having to figure out how to make it work for us. We went gluten free 6 years ago when our middle son was sick and we were drowning in medical bills. We had been living off of chicken and rice. We were getting so sick of eating a slight variation of the same thing every night. It didn’t help that finding gluten free options in the store was not that easy then. Potato Lasagna became a new staple that was delicious, easy to make, and inexpensive that just so happened to be naturally gluten free! After 6 years, people still ask us “What do you eat?” when they find out we have Celiac Disease. The answer is simple! Fresh produce, fresh meats, cheese, gluten free whole grains (quinoa, brown rice, etc…), and a whole lot of Great Day Farms eggs! Going gluten free? Focus on fresh whole foods!
I suggest using a mandoline or something similar like my kitchen aid food slicer attachment to make the potatoes thin enough.
Now sit down to enjoy the delicious naturally gluten free lasagna that is filling and nutritious with your family!
Visit Great Day Farms here to see the featured recipe!
- 28 oz. Marinara
- 1 c. Ricotta
- 4 TBSP Parmesan chz (plus more as garnish)
- 3 Great Day Farms Egg whites
- 3 Med. potatoes, sliced thinly
- 1 cup Mozzarella (plus more for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix ricotta, 4 TBSP parmesan, & egg whites.
- Spread a little sauce on the bottom of a 9 inch pan.
- Place half of the potatoes on bottom, overlapping
- Spoon ricotta over potatoes
- Add half the mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat steps 3-5.
- Bake for 45 hr covered with foil.
- Remove foil, top with mozzarella cheese garnish, and bake 10 more min.
- Wait 15 minutes before cutting. Garnish with Parmesan cheese.