Chicken and Noodles is the ultimate comfort food. My grandma alternates making Chicken and noodles or pot roast for our weekly Sunday family dinners. Obviously, when I went gluten free, I could no longer have my grandma’s noodles anymore! I have been working on the perfect recipe. However, I developed a severe allergy to chicken. Yes chicken! Lucky for me I can still have turkey so I use smoked turkey in place of the usual chicken and I use vegetable stock in place of the chicken broth. If you don’t have a chicken allergy, feel free to keep using chicken and chicken broth instead of my modifications.
Making them really is quite easy! Just remember to roll the dough thin since they expand. I use a pizza cutter to make them into noodles. I love all the attachments for my kitchen aide mixer and keep thinking I need the pasta attachment though!
- 1 cup gluten free baking mix
- 2 tsp xanthan gum
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 3 eggs (we love to use Great Days Farms eggs!)
- 2 cups vegetable broth (or your favorite broth)
- 3 cups of Smoked Turkey with Drippings (or chicken)
- Using a stand mixer, combine all ingredients except turkey & broth.
- Pour broth in pan and bring to a boil while making noodles.
- Roll dough thinly on parchment paper then use pizza cutter to cut into noodles.
- Place noodles in boiling broth to cook for about 5-7 minutes until desired consistency.
- Add in meat & drippings.
- Cook until evenly heated.