This year I will probably sound like a broken record. This is the year of taking care of ourselves. This is the year to pamper ourselves. I don’t know what your situation is but odds are likely you need some pampering. Do you have a hectic schedule these days? Try this DIY vanilla mint body scrub to pamper yourself in the comfort of your home.
Are you making more time for yourself?
I broke my hand in December. It has been quite a battle conquering not just the movement issues but the severe dry skin. This is a tame version of my hand in recovery. Cast hand took my winter skin issues to a whole new level!
What I love about DIY projects is that they use many items already found in the pantry! At-home pampering can save you time and money which most of us are short on these days. What are some of your favorite pantry items you keep on hand for DIY projects?
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 2 T sea salt
- ¼ cup refined coconut oil
- ¼ cup almond oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon mint extract or 3 drops peppermint essential oil
- 3 drops Vitamin E oil (optional)
- 2 drops green food coloring
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the sugar and sea salt.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix with a fork until well incorporated.
- Transfer to an airtight container.
- **You can store this Vanilla Mint Sugar Scrub up to 6 months but more than likely, it will be used before then...the smell is so soothing and calming!