Every year I say I am going to take better care of myself. Every year I spend my days taking care of others. This is my Valentine gift to the people like me! I hope you do what you can to take care of yourself. Try this homemade whipped peppermint body scrub to get off to a good start!
What are you doing to pamper yourself?
Some people are just born nurturers. The hard part is making sure to nurture ourselves. Sometimes there just doesn’t seem to be enough time in the day to help everyone else and still find time for us.
My proposition to all you helpers out there is to save some moments for you! You know who you are ! All you moms, caregivers, people who can’t say no, etc… Make a batch of this homemade whipped peppermint body scrub for pick me up pampering session. This homemade peppermint body scrub can be stored for up to 6 months.
- ¾ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup pink sugar ( 2 drops of pink food gel mixed with ¼ cup sugar)
- 5 drops peppermint essential oil or 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 drops Vitamin E oil
- In a
ziplocplastic bag, add ¼ cup sugar and 2 drops of pink food gel. Let all of the air out of the bag and zip it up. Shake and massage the bag with your hands until all of the sugar is mixed and a light shade of pink.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the coconut oil ½ cup granulated sugar. Beat with mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add the pink sugar and whip for an additional 20 seconds.
- Transfer to an airtight container or jar. This soothing whipped scrub can be stored up to 6 months but will likely be used long before that :-)
Let me know how you find balance to take care of yourself and everyone else?