Please note: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ScottTubeFree #CollectiveBias
Reducing our waste is very important to our household. We have been recycling and composting for as long as my boys can remember. Before the boys, I always made an effort when convenient. However everything changed when I had kids. I just want to teach them to be good people. I want them to be productive people working toward the greater good. I am always telling the boys that their actions speak louder than words and I want mine to also! It’s interesting that we have been teaching kids what is recycle, compost, or trash in the kitchen yet missing the mark in the bathroom. I have been searching at Target for Scott Naturals new Tube Free toilet paper to help us feel that gap to be less wasteful.
How do you green your bathroom?
When I heard about Scott Naturals Tube Free, I was intrigued. Scott has been the brand of toilet paper that has been trusted in my family since I was a kid. The fact that it is septic safe is part of why my dad bought nothing else. Now Scott Naturals is offering the same high quality toilet paper and it also is more environmentally friendly! Scott Naturals Tube Free has eliminated the tube for less waste and offers recyclable plastic wrap as well!
Did you know that over 17 billion tubes are tossed each year. That’s enough to fill the Empire State Building twice!
Being environmentally friendly is an ever-changing task of finding new ways to do our part. When brands make such innovative moves like this, I am inspired to do more! Some of my favorite ways to be more environmentally friendly are:
- Make my own cleaners using natural household ingredients
- Try this 3-ingredient Apple Glass cleaner here
- Use vinegar & baking soda to degunk drains & clean toilets
- Seek products with recyclable containers or less packaging like Scott Naturals Tube Free Toilet Paper
- Check your local recycling center to see which types of plastic are accepted.
- Place 2 trash cans in bathroom (1 for trash & 1 for recycle)
- Making it convenient is a great way to keep it going especially with kids!
- Recycle empty containers or repurpose goods to save money & reduce waste
Teaching kids to find treasures in trash (i.e recycling) is a real gift when so many people are focused on new things. My boys love to see what we can make out of “trash”. Join us in using ingredients often found in the home paired with recycled jars to reward ourselves for working toward a greener household.
DIY mint mojito bath salt allows us to combine several environmentally friendly practices into one refreshing way to pamper ourselves for all our hard work! Do you (or have you) grown mint before? Anyone who has grown mint knows that it seems to have a mind of its own in the garden!?! We work hard to get use out of everything including the plentiful mint growing in the garden. Mint is a great pick-me-up so it is the perfect secret weapon in the bathroom.
Pour in the Epsom Salt
- 3 cups Epsom Salt
- zest & juice from 1 lime
- 1 cup fresh mint
- 2 TBSP mint extract
- Prepare lime & mint leaves: Zest lime using vegetable peeler or grater. Mince 1-2 TBSP of mint leaves or small young mint leaves for appearance of bath salts. Additionally cut a few pieces of lime zest into small strips; reserve them with 1-2 TBSP of mint for the end.
- Place the rest of mint and lime zest in food processor (or equivalent). Blend until it resembles a loose leaf tea.
- Add juice of 1 lime and mint extract.
- Pour 1 cup of Epsom salt into food processor. Blend until combined.
- Now stir in last 2 cups of Epsom salt. Stir in the 1-2 TBSP reserved lime zest strips and mint leaves.
- Spread the mint mojito bath salt mixture on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Allow to dry for 4-6 hours.
- After it has dried, crumble the mixture using hands or food processor. Using a funnel, pour into desired recycled jar or container of choice.
The picture below shows you what the mint mojito bath salt looks like when it is ready to be bottled. Four hours is how long it took outside on a day in the 90s so please use that time as a general guideline depending on your temperature, humidity, etc… Please feel free to contact me if you need any help! Hope you enjoy!
Ready to find Scott Naturals Tube Free for your home? Click here to find out more or here or here to find a >Target location 😉 If you are anything like me, you might me wondering if there are any coupons for that first buy….
Well you are in luck! Click here for a $2 off printable coupon that saves you almost 50% off the price of a 4-pk!
Living an environmentally friendly lifestyle is definitely a passion of mine. What is something you do to live a more environmentally friendly lifestyle?
Click here to add Scott Tube Free Toilet Paper to your environmentally friendly lifestyle