Make every day Earth Day with these tips

Please note: This is a non-sponsored post that contains some links to sponsored content. All posts contain my honest thoughts.

Spring time I am always trying to come up with more ways to live an eco-friendly lifestyle. There was a time when I put minimal effort into making green choices. However over time, I realized that really you CAN make a difference when you make minimal effort in lots of ways! I have compiled some of my favorite ways to live an eco-friendly lifestyle that do not cost a fortune. Beginning with 2 of my most popular posts: DIY Compost Bin and DIY Solar Oven

SolarOvenCompostCollage

~Start your own Garden

Starting your own garden does not require a lot of space, time, or money. For years, I stuck to containers only since we had limited space and moved often. Now we have a full garden with lots of edibles and pretty things to look at! Some of our favorite things to grow that have been low maintenance are greens, herbs, tomatoes, peppers, and strawberries. This year we are starting a few new things in the garden. The good thing about gardening is that it’s okay to mess up! Those mistakes teach us what doesn’t work and how to improve for next time!

~~~~~

If you need an idea to create your garden space, try this recycled tire planter {click HERE}

tireplanter

~~~~~

To water our garden we use rain barrels and recycled bottles as self-watering bottles {click HERE to make your own}

DIYselfwateringbottle

~~~~~

gardeningcollage

• What you need to do is figure out how much space you have (containers are an option if you a really limited)?
  • Suffer with depression? Walking out and appreciating what’s growing does wonders for my mood!
  • What are your favorite expensive produce splurges? Would it be cheaper to grow them rather than buying?
  • Don’t have a green thumb? Start with plants not seeds. I have learned that some plants I can grow from seeds and others just disappoint me.
  • Use eggshells to help start seeds inside or make the garden (or home) pretty with eggshell mosaic (click here)

GreatDayFarmsEggShellMosaicBirdhouse#ad

~Make mint latte lip scrub with leftover coffee

MintLatteLipScrub4#ad

~Use leftover tea to revive plants

BigelowTeaSustainability2#shop

~Upcycle broken Crayons

Most households with kids have broken crayons or crayons that are too small to really use. Try this fun activity with your kids!

solarovencrayons7

Please note: while these links have my honest opinions, some of these are sponsored links recycled for Earth Day!

Comments

• Natalie says

We have been renters for 10 years due to relocating alot. I started out doing contain gardening with peppers, tomatoes, and herbs. Start small, practical choices, and remember if it dies that you can always plant more!

1. Justin Tan says

Love all these great tips. We have a little garden in our backyard where we plant veggies and fruits. Would love to try upcycling the broken Crayons. We have a lot of broken crayons from my son and really think it’s a good idea to do that!

2. RT says

Great idea! Love the crayon tip – it’s awesome! I cannot grow flowers from seeds, I stick to plants, lol. I really want to grow my own herbs, but with dogs and cats, plus wild bunnies, I can’t figure out a good location outside.

3. ERICA WEAVER says

great tips i always wanted to find more ways to start a garden i am hoping one day i will finally have a garden of my own

4. Michelle Waller says

These are all really great tips for Earth Day! I would have never thought to do that with coffee grounds.

5. Rebecca Swenor says

These are awesome tips to make every day earth day. I love the idea of using left over tea to revive plants and the idea of recycled bottles for self watering bottles. Thanks for sharing these awesome green ideas.

6. Claudia Krusch says

I am always looking for ways to reduce our impact on the Earth. I am so excited to have a large vegetable garden this year.

7. MaryAnne says

I am so in love with all the tips! I am a plants lover and i will definetely try this out! Thanks for sharing

8. Kathy says

I love all of these ideas. I’m always about recycling, so I either recycle or use those products to make some.

9. Victoria Heckstall says

These are brilliant ideas! I love that you made the left over coffee to a latte lip scrub I really like that and I would love to try it!

10. says

These are great tips! I have wanted to start my own garden, but I live in the city and it’s quite hard. However, there are plots of land in the city that you can rent to garden.

11. Katrina gehman says

those are awesome ideas. i was just showing my husband a raised garden that i wanted. i may use some of these.

12. Gabriel says

we’re working on re configuring a lot of our life to be more sustainable. Starting with a garden and rainwater collection along with re purposing as many things as possible. It doesn’t take a lot to make a huge difference if enough people do it.

13. Tiara Wilson says

These are some incredible tips on how to make everyday earth day. We do want to keep our earth safe and clean, so that we don’t over pollute or destroy where we live. <3

14. Nisha Joshi says

I have always found tire gardens to be beautifully unique. I wouldn’t mind trying this, especially once I start working on my garden again.