This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.#DropShopAndOil #CollectiveBias
We try to live a humble life focusing less on things and more on enjoying time together. However when the Subaru kept breaking down a few years ago, we knew it was time to take the plunge to invest in a more reliable car. Since we don’t have any family nearby , we travel often to see them. It’s was time to take the plunge to get a new car. I felt like such a grown-up when we traded in our ’93 Subaru for a newer Mazda CX-9. I have made taking care of our first grown-up purchase a priority to help it last longer . Now I know there’s much debate about how often to get your oil changed (If you don’t agree just google it)! Following the 90 day oil change rule if you drive in extreme conditions like we do can help your car be more efficient. Getting my Pennzoil oil change done every 90 days at Walmart Automotive Care Center helps me multi-task by getting the rest of my every 90 day To-do list done while I am waiting!
Beyond a high mileage car, extreme conditions include:
- stop-and-go driving whether it’s due to city driving or rush hour
- making short trips each day: We try to live a green lifestyle that includes walking when we can and limiting my driving.
- Not regularly getting up to highway speeds: If your engine doesnt’t get hot enough to evaporate the water, sludge can build up in the engine.
- Driving in areas with a lot of blowing dust or dirt
Living in a small town in the country with many dirt roads means I drive in all of the extreme conditions. We are loyal to Pennzoil because:
- ALL products help clean out sludge lesser oils leave behind
- Pennzoil is designed for complete protection and will allow you to drive an extra of 550 miles per year vs. a dirty engine.
- No other motor oil provides better protection from friction
- Pennzoil Warranty: Pennzoil offers a free warranty that covers 15 engine parts that may fail due to engine wear or which experience abnormal wear due to friction. (For more information, check out the Pennzoil Warranty Site.)
With all that being said about why it’s important that doesn’t mean that life doesn’t get in the way of us remembering to stay on schedule with certain things on our To-do List! I decided to create a list of things that I need to do every 90 days that coordinate with getting my Pennzoil oil change done. January is always a good month to start a new routine to help us be more efficient. Apps like Cozi help me stay on track by creating text message reminders about my To-Do list. Obviously your list may not be the same as mine. I have focused mine around things that I sometimes forget about whether it is something that keeps me healthy or making my life easier in some way that should be done or replaced every 90 days.
Lucky for me most of these things can be picked up while I wait on my Pennzoil oil change at my local Walmart Auto Center!
Let’s start with step 1….
My car uses Pennzoil Platinum. If you are unsure about your car’s needs either refer to the website to check or just ask when you are getting your oil changed at Walmart Auto Center.
Platinum (synthetic motor oil) offers the best cleanliness and protection in the Pennzoil line-up and is what I use for my car. Pennzoil Platinum offers PurePlus™ Technology that is proven to keep pistons up to 40% cleaner than the toughest industry standard. PurePlus™ Technology is a revolutionary process that converts natural gas into a 99.5% pure base oil.
- If you like to change your own oil, checkout the current promotion from Ibotta (a free mobile savings app) starting on 1/21/15: $5 off one 5-quart bottle of Pennzoil Platinum with PurePlus Technology
On top of changing my oil, Walmart Auto Center checks my air filter, wiper blades, fluids, tire pressure, and more to keep me safe until my next 90 day visit. They even clean my front windshield and vacuum out the interior making it easier for me to get to the last thing on my every 90 day list.
I loved sharing my “Every 90 Days List” with you! Now I would love to hear about ways you remember regular tasks like oil changes and make them more fun!
Here’s my 90 day reminder right on my windshield!
Now off to go wash my dirty car!
and for you all to enter this giveaway!!!
3 lucky winners will each win a trip to one of theRichard Petty Driving Experiences (each trip valued at $1,100). That means they get to climb into a NASCAR car for an adrenaline-pumping experience that simulates real NASCAR driving.