Please note: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser as part of my partnership as #BigelowVIP. All opinions are mine alone. #AmericasTea #CollectiveBias
Chai latte has been my drink of choice since I worked in a health food/Coffee Shop in college. The first time someone described it to me they said that it was black tea, milk, and pumpkin pie spices. It was love at first taste! Over the years though, I got use to my style recreated from the coffee shop. I don’t always like buying it now because everyone has their own variation of making it. Honestly I think it comes down to the quality of tea too! That’s why I love using my favorite brand Bigelow Tea that just so happens to be available at Wal-Mart. Join me in using my favorite (and yours or soon to be!) tea to flavor whipped cream to add a little pizzazz to pumpkin pie or by the spoonful…
Not too mention that Bigelow makes the job easy by adding awesome flavor!
If you are wondering at this point what Chai is, let the tea experts explain in their own words…
A reader asked us what Chai is and so we wanted to take the time to respond. The easiest definition of Chai is spiced milk tea. Chai originated in the East. It is typically a blend of rich black tea, ginger, cardamom, cloves, peppercorn, nutmeg and cinnamon. It may also be made with green tea. Spices and sweeteners may vary based on preference. Vanilla is one common alternative flavor, for instance. – See more here
No judging here on the amount of time or effort you want to give so
I provided a homemade and semi-homemade version
Let me know what you use your Bigelow Chai Tea Whipped Cream on?
- 2 TBSP powdered sugar
- 4 Bigelow Tea Spicy chai teabags
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Place heavy cream in saucepan over medium heat. Heat cream but do not boil! I like to place cream in bowl in water filled saucepan to control cream from over-heating.
- Remove cream bowl from stove. Add in chai teabags. Allow to steep for 1 hour
- Place a metal mixing bowl and metal whisk into the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Place the sugar into the mixing bowl and add the Bigelow Tea Chai infused heavy whipping cream.
- Whisk just until the cream reaches stiff peaks. Place in refrigerator to help it chill and set up
- Store any unused portion in an airtight container for up to 10 hours.
- When ready to use, rewhisk for 10 to 15 seconds.
- Place whipped cream in refrigerator for at least 2 hours to chill and set.
- 2 bags Bigelow Tea Spicy Chai teabags
- 1 box whipped topping mix
- ½ cup milk
- Place milk in saucepan over medium heat. Heat milk but do not boil! I like to place milk in bowl in water filled saucepan to control from over-heating.
- Remove milk bowl from stove. Add in chai teabags. Allow to steep for 1 hour
- Put Bigelow chai steeped milk into refrigerator to allow to chill.
- Once chilled stir in whipped topping mix. Place in refrigerator if not using immediately