Please note: This post is sponsored by Great Day Farms combined with my honest thoughts and opinions.
This week Mr. Peabody and Sherman is available on dvd! To celebrate the release, I have paired up with Great Day Farms to create another brain-boosting recipe since you all loved the brain-boosting lemon berry cheesecake so much (see link here for cheesecake recipe & more about Peabody & Sherman)
If you haven’t seen Mr. Peabody and Sherman yet here’s the plot:
Mr. Peabody, the most accomplished dog in the world, and his mischievous boy Sherman, use their time machine – The WABAC – to go on the most outrageous adventures known to man or dog. But when Sherman takes The WABAC out for a joyride to impress his friend Penny, they accidentally rip a hole in the universe, wreaking havoc on the most important events in world history. Before they forever alter the past, present and future, Mr. Peabody must come to their rescue, ultimately facing the most daunting challenge of any era: figuring out how to be a parent. Together, the time traveling trio will make their mark on history.
Now let’s get to making these muffins!
First things first, combine topping ingredients to make pea-sized clumps for streusel topping. You can use a fork, pastry blender, etc… but I think it helps to get your hands a little dirty!
Now I know you are probably questioning beans in muffins about Beans make these muffins filling and even better for you! The bean puree blends in effortlessly and not even your picky eaters will notice it!
Make these with muffin top (or whoopie pie pans) to make your own muffin tops or breakfast cookies as the boys call them! Sit down and enjoy these will your family while watching Mr. Peabody and Sherman on dvd! To buy you can find it at most retailers from Wal-Mart to Amazon!
- 2 Great Day Farms eggs
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup white beans, pureed
- 1 TBSP vanilla
- ¾ cup Flour (for gluten free, I use baking mix or equal parts: rice flour, tapioca flour, & sorghum flour)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup blueberries ( I prefer frozen)
- Topping (refrigerate or freeze any additional): ? cup rolled oats & ? cup Baking Mix, 1 TBSP brown sugar, 2 TBSP ground nuts (walnuts or pecans), ? tsp cinnamon, 1/16 tsp salt, 2 TBSP butter, ½ TBSP olive oil
- *Preheat oven to 375
- Begin by using fingers to combine topping ingredients to make pea-sized clumps for streusel topping. Set aside
- Place eggs and sugar in large bowl and combine with mixer. Then add in pureed beans, oil, and vanilla.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in small bowl. Then add dry ingredients into mixing bowl.
- Stir in blueberries.
- Pour batter into muffin pan of choice. Sprinkle on approximately ½ TBSP of streusel topping to each muffin.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cook throughout & top lightly browned.