I hope by now you have heard about The BoxTrolls!!! I am so excited about this movie with all the fun stop-motion and great theme it’s hard to not be! With my partnership with Great Day Farms and their sponsorship of BoxTrolls, I got inspired to create a recipe thinking outside of the box with a savory twist on my bubble bread including eggs & cheese to go along with the movie!
A quick synopsis about The BoxTrolls:
Boxtrolls is about an orphaned boy raised by underground creatures called Boxtrolls comes up from the sewers and out of his box to save his family and the town from the evil exterminator, Archibald Snatcher.
Watch this #BoxTroll trailer to see the excitement for yourself!
If you missed by traditional gluten free bubble bread click here
This new bubble bread recipe uses the base for my bubble bread with a garlic and cheesy twist that would make The BoxTrolls proud!
- ¼ c. oil
- ¼ c. agave (or honey)
- 1¼ c. milk + 1 TBSP of milk with 4 TBSP of powdered Buttermilk
- 2 cups Rice Flour
- ½ c. Tapioca Flour
- ½ c. Sorghum Flour
- 3½ tsp xanthan gum
- 1½ tsp salt
- 3 Great Day Farms Cage Free Eggs
- 2¼ active dry yeast
- String cheese cut into 5 chunks
- Topping Ingredients: garlic & oregano
- Warm up milk in saucepan until room temperature. Then, combine rest of dough wet ingredients (oil, agave, and eggs) in a bowl. Pour into bottom of bread machine.
- Combine the dry ingredients except active dry yeast. Pour into bread machine.
- Make a well (small hole) in dry ingredients and place active dry yeast in it.
- Start bread machine on dough only setting.
- At the end of the dough setting: Preheat oven to 400. Then, start melting 1 stick of butter to place in bottom of bundt pan. Sprinkle in garlic and herbs.
- Melt the other 1 stick for the bubbles. Place ½ cup garlic powder (just blend minced if you don't have any) and ⅛ cup of herbs in the container for dipping.
- Make dough into small balls (think donut hole). Using the string cheese chunks, wrap dough around cheese. Dip in butter. Then, roll in garlic herb mix until covered. Place "bubble" in bundt pan. Repeat until first layer is done.
- Repeat last step for final layer. Make sure and place the bubbles in tightly for this layer.
- Bake for 30 minutes until dough is done.
- Once removing from oven wait 3-5 minutes before removing bubble bread from bundt pan.