Please note: this post is a part of my sponsorship with Great Day Farms eggs
Pancakes are a breakfast staple in our house. However, I am always trying to up the healthy factor in everything! This recipe is higher in protein than traditional boxed pancakes, colorful fun for the kids, and still easy for the cook!
We tend to get stuck in a rut when it comes to meals especially breakfast! We get in such a hurry that we go for convenience. This is my way of being convenient in a way that makes it fun for the kids while still allowing me to give my kids a proper breakfast.
Even without the homemade blueberry sauce my kids love these, but I like to take it one step further to make sure they are eating nutritious. So head on over to Great Day Farms website to get the recipe!
- 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 3 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup rolled oats (ground)
- 1 cup Bisquick Mix (or favorite baking mix/flour combo)
- ¼ cup multi-colored sprinkles
- 1 cup fresh or frozen mixed berries (+ a little water)
- Optional: blueberries or other fresh fruit garnish
- Combine cottage cheese, milk, vanilla, and eggs in mixer.
- Add Bisquick Mix and ground oats to mixing bowl and continue mixing.
- Stir in sprinkles.
- Cook pancakes in pan or griddle for about 5 minutes. Then flip to cook other side until browned, about 3 minutes.
- Place in oven to keep warm.
- In food processor, puree berries/strawberries with enough water until smooth. Heat if desired.
- Garnish with berry sauce and fresh fruit.