As you all know, I have been working with Great Day Farms for the past 6 months. Great Day Farms has teamed up with DreamWorks for the upcoming release of Mr. Sherman & Peabody! I remember watching episodes when I was a kid. I love the smart humor from the nostalgic cartoon and how they recreated something I can enjoy with my boys! In honor of the partnership of Great Day Farms and DreamWorks for the upcoming release of Mr. Sherman & Peabody, I created a dessert full of brain-boosting nutrients…Lemon Berry Cheesecake!
We try to test out new recipes to spice things up for at home date night and family time together. My husband LOVES cheesecake so I decided I needed to learn to make a healthier version for our family to enjoy at home. Cheesecake depending on how it is made can have some great health benefits like the 120 mg of Choline found in each egg and the antioxidants found in blueberries!
If you haven’t watched the Mr Peabody & Sherman trailer, watch it now!
Let’s get to making some lemon berry cheesecake!
- For crust:
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- ½ stick of butter (melted)
- For Filling:
- 3 packages greek yogurt cream cheese (or substitute your favorite)
- 3 Great Day Farms Eggs
- ¼ cup Truvia Baking Blend
- juice from 1 lemon (about ¼ cup)
- 1-2 TBSP Lemon Zest (depends on taste preferences
- For topping:
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 TBSP lemon zest
- Juice from 1 lemon (1/4 cup lemon juice)
- 1 TBSP Truvia Baking Blend
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix melted butter and graham cracker crumbs together. Then press into 8 inch Springform pan.
- In mixer, combine the filling ingredients until smooth. Pour into pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the cheesecake looks set.
- Allow cheesecake to cool for 20 minutes. Then place cheesecake in refrigerator for 2 hours with a towel (or potholder) underneath.
- While waiting prepare topping if desired, place all the topping ingredients into pan over medium heat for about 5 minutes (or until blueberries start to break down).
- Once 2 hours is up place blueberries topping on cheesecake.