Every year I try to add more ways to be green! As you look at your “trash” try to decide what you might be able to turn it into rather than placing it in the trash. What’s great about recycling is that you can also save money too! We go through a lot of eggs so reusing our Great Day Farms egg carton and shells made sense to me. Not too mention, being such a sustainable way to save even more money with our own garden. Compost is great for your garden and some towns offer it for free. However, if you want to learn to compost, click here to find my how to make your own compost bin.
- Great Day Farms egg carton
- Great Day Farms eggshells (save your shells after cracking)
- produce clamshells (such as from grapes or strawberries)
- potting soil
- spray bottle
1. Cut Great Day Farms egg carton into the right size for your container. 6 eggs was the right size for my strawberry container. Place into of clamshell.
4. Add your seeds: we chose to start with our Greens (spinach, romaine, & mesclun). After placing seeds cover with some more soil. Lightly mist the seeds with a spray bottle. Mist them every 1-2 days.