Last year when I got done feeling sorry for myself after the loss of my stepdad shortly followed by the spinal cord injury from the car wreck, I knew I needed to do something to get my body back on track. While eggs often get a bad reputation, they are a great protein-rich anytime food! When I am in a time crunch (or not wanting to heat up the house with this 100 degree weather), I love Great Day Farms hard-boiled eggs found in the deli section at Walmart.
Along with leading days without exercise other than chasing my boys, I started eating less. Eating less will not help you lose weight necessarily; however, it will result in your body using your muscle for energy. Recently I was testing out a program to jumpstart my metabolism that retrained me about what I should be doing especially when just relying on food. Something that I tend to forget is finding the time to eat so I make sure to eat the right foods to fuel my body. Once I started fueling my body, I started to replace more of the fat with muscle as well as getting more energy to be active again.
Summer days we like to spend it by the pool. Summertime snacks for us means nutritious foods with little to no preparation needed.
What is so wonderful about Great Day Farms hard-boiled eggs is that they are great all by themselves or they can be paired with my avocado spread to create a balanced snack of protein and healthy fats (i.e. found in the olive oil and avocados).
This recipe is so simple with not much more effort than slicing eggs and avocados.Then, pureeing avocado spread ingredients in blender or food processor. I like to use my food decorator for more than just cakes or you can use a plastic bag with tip cut off to pipe in the avocado spread.
- Great Day Farms hard-boiled eggs
- 2 avocados
- juice from 1.5 limes
- 1-2 TBSP Cumin (depends on taste)
- 3 TBSP Olive Oil
- ¼ c. cilantro
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ppt. garnish: cilantro, cumin, or parmesan
- Slice, Pit, and Peel Avocado.
- If desired, garnish with cilantro leaves, cumin, &/or grated parmesan cheese
- Combine all ingredients in food processor or blender until desired consistency.
- Slice Great Day Farms hard-boiled eggs and remove yolk.
- Using plastic bag with cut tip or food decorator to add avocado spread.
- If desired, garnish with cilantro, cumin, &/or parmesan cheese.
- For extra flavor, dip eggs in salsa for a little more spice.
or parmesan cheeseCheck Great Day Farms Summertime Pinterest Board here for more inspiring recipes!
Please note: I am an ambassador for Great Day Farms. I received compensation in exchange for this post. However, as always I only provide my honest opinion.