Fashion and beauty is a great way to reward ourselves for making steps to keep ourselves healthy! I am like most moms where I am on the back burner when it comes to getting something special for myself or making time for myself. Sears is a great place for me to find affordable fashion especially with their shop your way rewards! When I decided to do some online window shopping, look what I found about to expire…
$27 was all the motivation I needed to make Sears even more affordable fashion! I was able to get 3 dresses plus a hat for about $60 at Sears because of my Shop Your Way rewards and current offers available. To see more about my shopping adventure for Sears affordable fashion click here to see my Google+ album!
I had been in a slump for a year that caused me to gain 15 extra pounds for someone petite that was a lot for me. I worked hard to get rid of the excess in many areas of my life including my extra weight that was dragging me down. Now that I am in my 30s, I am FINALLY comfortable in my own skin. We are our own worst critics. I am borderline petite (5ft4) with an hourglass shape. I use to think I was considered a pear because I was hard on myself when people would comment on my out of proportion derriere. However, once a checked out what shape I am considered, I found out that hourglass is someone who has a waist that is 8-10 inches smaller than bust and hip area. It was the assets that I started working with rather than against that helped me feel my best!
If you only remember one thing about wearing the right clothes for your body…
The main trick to showcasing the best YOU is by Knowing Your Body!
- No matter how hard you try some outfits just won’t work with your body like this dress. Between the big print and boxy design, this dress does not flatter me even with the belt. Prints can sometimes work against you. Just because you like the print doesn’t mean it will be flattering on you.
- This blue & white dress from Sears with it’s feminine detail offers a fitted look for the top and waist. The darker bottom with a slight flare keeps bigger hips and/or thighs proportioned while still giving them a slimming look as well!
- You don’t have to be tiny to show off your waist. Find outfits with colorblocking or slimming panels and never underestimate the cinching power of a belt!
- How something hangs on a hanger does not mean that’s how it will look on you. This Justify dress on the hanger was not too exciting, but I decided to Just try it on! Some of my favorite outfits were things I didn’t even like on the hanger, but thought what do I have to lose!
- Stop paying attention to clothes size
- When I say stop paying attention to sizes, I don’t mean completely ignore them. Just don’t put so much emphasis on it. Who cares if you are wearing a size or 2 more than you normally wear!?! Sizes vary from brand to brand so worry more about how something fits! Below is a size I would normally wear yet below the waist this dress does nothing to flatter my figure. This dress would be better suited to enhance curves when someone is lacking them.
Below I am pictured in a dress that is 2 sizes bigger than I would normally wear. Even though it is technically too big in my head, the dress accentuates my body without being too clingy. Celiac Disease causes noticeable bloating in my stomach when I have been contaminated, I don’t always feel like wearing dressing that show off my stomach. Honestly, contaminated or not, I don’t think I could have pulled off 2 sizes smaller on a good day comfortably! Not too mention that I love the beading at the top! We have lots of out of town weddings planned for this summer. The beading saves me from packing small items that I most likely will forget while packing a family of 5.I love flowy sundresses especially during the warmer months. This Pink and white houndstooth sundress found at Sears has a nice fitted waist to help me get the best of both worlds masking my thighs while flattering my waist!Did you notice my brown floppy hat to shade my fair complexion? I kept thinking my summer sundress could use a hat, so when I saw this shop your way promotion…
What do you love to spend your Shop Your Way rewards on?
Please note: I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias and their client. #ThisisStyle