Celebrate Leap Day with Rice Krispies Frog Recipe
I have been waiting for a good excuse to test out Kellogg’s gluten free Rice Krispies. They taste the same, but are made with whole grain brown rice . My kids are always mesmerized when I buy a new kind of cereal. With limited options of mostly boring boxes i.e. no characters, Rice Krispies appeared to be especially entertaining for them.
Ingredients & Supplies
- 1/2 c. butter
- 12 c. marshmallows
- green food dye
- 1 box Gluten Free Rice Krispies (11 cups)
- red fruit rollups, diagonally cut into strips
- white chocolate chips
- writing icing (I used cake mate)
- frog cookie cutter
- frosting (optional for “gluing” eyes)
- Melt butter over low heat. Then, add marshmallows. Heat until marshmallows completely melted.
- Stir in green food coloring in marshmallow mixture until desired color.
- Mix in rice krispies until completely blended into marshmallow mixture.
- Spread on to parchment paper in a layer of about 1/2-1 inch thick. Allow to cool.
- Use frog cookie cutter to cut rice krispie treat.
- Dab a little writing icing (or frosting) on white chocolate chips to “glue” on the white chocolate chips. Then, put small dot of writing icing (any color) on white chocolate chip.
- Roll up fruit roll up strips so end is rolled up about halfway. Place on frog face. Then, use brown icing to make mouth over top portion of fruit rollup “tongue”.