I absolutely love how versatile granola is! There are so many ways to enjoy granola “beyond the spoon” so I am letting you in on my favorite granola recipe. Don’t forget to keep an eye out for some upcoming recipes featuring granola from breakfast to holiday candy!
Harvest Granola Recipe
makes approximately 12 cups
- 6 cups rolled oats (Bob’s Red Mill is my gf brand)
- 1 cup almonds, slivers or chopped
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup flax seed…or meal if some family members protest
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour*
- 1/4 cup sorghum flour*
- 1 TBSP cinnamon
- 1 cup oil (vegetable or coconut are my choices)
- 1 cup maple syrup (or honey)
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 TBSP vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salt
2. Combine liquid ingredients in saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil then remove from heat. Pour liquid mixture over dry ingredients & stir.
3. Place granola evenly on baking sheet.
4. Place in oven cook for about 30-45 until golden brown (stirring every 15 min
5. Allow to cool. store in airtight container.
Check back for granola-inspired recipes! P.S. on Wednesday it is for a holiday treat you won’t want to miss!