Encouraging my family to eat healthy is very important to me. As other parents might know, presentation can be essential in getting your kids to try new things. Isn’t it amazing how something as simple as fries (a.k.a. sliced potatoes) can turn sweet potatoes into something edible to kids. Anyways, I don’t care what form our vegetables are served as long as the boys eat them. I usually make fries (all potato varieties) homemade. However, Ore-Ida is one of the few fry/hashbrown brands that provides gluten free options. Ore-Ida is a brand that we all know & love that has just introduced sweet potato fries to their line of products.
This weekend, we took our monthly trip to Sam’s Club to stock up
on Ore-Ida Sweet Potato fries and then checked on other ingredients for the sweet & savory dips.
Sweet or Savory?
Cinnamon Dream vs. Creamy Roasted Red Pepper
Cinnamon Dream Dip
8 oz. neufchatel cheese (or cream cheese), softened
2 c. fat free cool whip
2 tsp. cinnamon
1. Cream neufchatel cheese in stand mixer for about 5-7 min.
2. add cool whip. Then, blend for about 5 more min. until neufchatel cheese is completely blended in cool whip.
3. Sprinkle in cinnamon.
4. Ready for sweet potato fries!
Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Dip
4 red peppers
4 oz. neufchatel cheese (or cream cheese), softened
1/2 c. parmesan cheese, grated
optional: sprinkle with asiago cheese
1. Roast red peppers: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Drizzle peppers with olive oil.
2. Place peppers in oven. Bake for 20 minutes. Then, broil 3-5 min. until slightly browned.
3. Roasting makes removing the skin, just peel off skin. Then, remove stem, seeds, etc…
4. Dice red pepper. Then, puree it.
5. Cream neufchatel cheese until smooth. Add in red pepper puree. Then, sprinkle in parmesan cheese
6. Sprinkle with asiago cheese (or parmesan cheese) & serve.
Don’t forget to follow: Heinz Ore-Ida Facebook page
Please note: This project has been compensated as part of a #OreIdaFries shopping mission for Heinz with #CollectiveBias. However, as always, I provided my honest opinion for this review.